Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Two National Pro Wrestling Day Matches AND Steen/Kingston III? I'm Way Behind

I don't know what happened, but there have been a whole slew of matches announced that are OF INTEREST to the discerning wrestling fan like you and I over here. First, Chikara went and announced their offering for National Pro Wrestling Day:


It's in the #1 slot, so I'm assuming it's the main event for the evening card. It might feel like a copout to people who don't get Chikara, but trust me, their atomicos are their signature matches. More often than not, they're super fun. This is the safe pick. That wasn't the only Chikara match announced, although this one is going to be happening eight days later in Easton at Chikara's second show of 2013:


It's a trilogy! They're promising this one as the last in the series. I didn't see their ROH match, but after seeing the first in the series, I'm really geeked out for this match. No titles are announced as being on the line, and it's going to be at a Chikara event. The fact that it's their third match (fourth if you count Cibernetico) makes me think that there's going to be some finality. The fact that it's happening in February makes me a bit skeptical since it's not the company's MO to do resolution this early in a season.

Okay, back to National Pro Wrestling Day and the afternoon card in particular, Wrestling Is Respect (formerly Pro Wrestling RESPECT) is offering this match:


Okay, I really don't know a whole lot about Francis O'Rourke, but Drew Gulak is the goods. I've seen O'Rourke on a few of these "Wrestling Is..." rosters, so I guess we should get used to seeing him.