Thursday, November 16, 2017

Twitter Request Line, Vol. 213

Flair is an upgrade over Neidhart, but not nearly as big as Styles is over Mahal
Photo Credit: WWE.com
It's Twitter Request Line time, everyone! I take to Twitter to get questions about issues in wrestling, past and present, and answer them on here because 140 characters can't restrain me, fool! If you don't know already, follow me @tholzerman, and wait for the call on Wednesday to ask your questions. Hash-tag your questions #TweetBag, and look for the bag to drop Thursday afternoon (most of the time). Without further ado, here are your questions and my answers:

Both upgrades are significant, but while Charlotte Flair replacing Nattie Neidhart takes that match from a D to perhaps a B-minus, replacing Jinder Mahal with AJ Styles takes that match from a sure F potentially to an A depending on if Brock Lesnar is Good Brock or Lazy Brock. Even if he's in clear "not give a shit mode," Lesnar may not take away from Styles' work. I mean, I slag Neidhart a lot, but she's at least had a few good matches in her WWE career. Mahal came close a couple of times with (you guessed it) Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura, but he's still a long way off from being good.

I was all set to answer "What the fuck are you kidding me? Sweet all the way!" until I realized I love pot pies and technically, pizzas fall under the category of savory pies as well. Those facts make this a tough decision. In the end, because I am neutral in the grueling Cake Vs. Pie Wars, and because I can't live without pizza, I'm going savory. It's not a choice I come to lightly, but one I come to wisely.

Protected user @adamsgroove asks:
What is the future for the now recently future-endeavored James Ellsworth? Will he be successful on the indie circuit, disappear into irrelevance or something entirely different
Jimmy Dream right now has it made, because he has a high-profile WWE run under his belt, he has guys wanting to work with him, and his entire gimmick is designed to get people over. He can walk into anywhere, demand a high-side fee, and get pretty much anyone to work him because he's going to put them over. If he's not successful across America, it'll be on him.

I wish that I had taken music a bit more seriously when I was younger. I had a Casio keyboard, because what kid didn't at some point? I fiddled around with it, but I never took lessons and never learned how to play. I feel like even if I didn't hit it big, and face it, I wouldn't have hit it big, I could still have found a niche playing bars or in some dive band that does covers for drunk people at parks during parties or whatever.

For the record, you're asking me to confirm or deny whether the Eagles will win the Super Bowl this year, which I cannot do for fear of jinxing them. I am highly superstitious and worrisome when it comes to sports, and it gets so bad that for the biggest games, I can barely get myself to watch. Take for example this Sunday night, when the Eagles visit Dallas to play the fucking Cowboys in prime time. Had I not had the convenient excuse of Survivor Series, I'd have watched that game with a pit in my stomach, even if the Cowboys are shells of themselves and the Eagles are striding out of the bye week. That being said, I haven't seen an Eagles team in my life that is playing as well in every aspect of the game, not even in 2004 when they last went to the Super Bowl. They're in the sweet spot in terms of their averages on offense and defense. They have a franchise quarterback with weapons. The defensive line flat out eats which will cover a lot of weakness on the rest of the defense. If any year was the year, it'd be this year, which means I just cursed the team to lose a divisional round playoff game at home to like, I don't know, the Seahawks?

1. Braun Strowman womping him.
2. The entire women's division murking him.
3. The AJ Styles match where he hit the inexplicable superkick thanks to Dean Ambrose.
4. The AJ Styles ladder match.
5. The Royal Rumble, even though that's cheating because he wasn't really the focal point in that match, but I DON'T CARE.

My brain exploded just contemplating this question. However, if the wrong Lance Steel is in the present day, that means Jinder Mahal will be reinserted into the Brock Lesnar match, and Derek Sabato will appear to spill everything about Elohim City, except implicating Gabe Sapolsky in the whole thing, which will then cause repercussions. That's right, Sapolsky will be awarded the lead writer position on Smackdown.